Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, December 16, 2011

Silent Night

Whew. What an exhausting week it's been!

I finished up my last days as an intern at DHS and started my first day as an employee at GWT! :) We've been working on our Christmas play that's coming up for GWT, and everything has been going so well, until.......
We got a fax from a lawyer in D.C. representing an organization for the separation of church and state saying that it's is unconstitutional for our kids to sing Silent Night in our program and that we have to take it out. I was speechless when I heard this. I mean seriously?? This is a Christmas play for Kindergarten through 2nd graders, and these people want to prevent the kids from singing a song that they absolutely LOVE! All of this mess has really stirred up our community, and everyone is mad. (Well, except for the one parent who complained to said organization) We have talked to our school system lawyer, but I'm not going go into anything else because we want to keep everything pretty quiet from now on. All the stuff I mentioned earlier was already on the news, so I figured I could share. Just be in prayer for our school and hope that we can continue with our song, because the kids will be heartbroken if we can't sing. :(

Other than that, everything is going great! Last night was the high school Christmas concert, and it went really well! Today is kind of my last day of teaching classes, and then we have our Christmas show Monday and Tuesday night! I'm so excited for the kids! And TONIGHT is the night I've been waiting on for the past 4 and 1/2 years...... my college graduation!!!!! I'm so pumped!! I have grad practice at 3:15 and then everything kicks off at 7:00! 

I'm off to my (sort of) last teaching day of the year! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment