Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, August 15, 2011

It's a Lifestyle Change

Okay, so normally I would not be posting two days in a row, but I just coulding help myself! I mentioned in my last post that I've been an on again off again dieter for about four years. Mostly I've done Weight Watchers, but some of the lesser diets crept in when I wanted faster results. Here's a little more of a background on my past diet experiences. But, a little disclaimer, I'm not too comfortable writing about my weight for all the world to see. But, I'm going to just go for it, so bare with me.
 I started Weight Watchers for the first time in the sping of 2007 with my best friend Jessica. We each lost a pretty good amount of weight. I can't remember how much I lost, but I know I got down to 150 lbs. For my height, my healthy weight range is anywhere between 135 lbs to 165 lbs, so I was in my healthy weight range, and it didn't seem like I was able to lose much more. The only time I got below 150 was when I had an emergency appendectomy that following summer and coulding eat for days. I think I got down to about 145 lbs. Once I started college, I began to slowly put the pounds back on. I'd try to go back to WW to lose the lbs, but I just couldn't stick with it. It wasn't until after I had a thyroid procedure done and was put on special meds that made me gain another 20 lbs that I decided to get serious. At the end of summer 2009, I weight over 200 lbs. (ouch. that hurt.) So I got back on WW and by May 2010, I had lost 50 lbs. Ever since then it's been a struggle to stay there. I usually fluxuate between 155 and 170. I'm tired of having to stay on a diet to stay at my ideal weight.
SO, lately I've decided to change the way I diet. It's really not a diet at all. On any normal day, I wont eat more than about 1400 calories. I know what you're thinking, "Sounds like a diet to me!" But compaed to what I've done in the past, it's not. It's more of a healthy eating and portion control lifestyle change. I still get to go out to eat occasionally and have treats here and there. That's the difference between my past diets and this. If the opportunity arrises for me to have a giant bag of popcorn at the movies, I'll take it! I'm not going to deprive myself of life's little joys. I'm just not going to eat fast food all the time, or cook cheesy, fatty, greasy recipes for me and Chad. So far it's worked pretty well, and I'm excited to continue to blog about my journy to a healthy, steady, and long lasting 150 lbs. (or maybe lower!)
I'm going to be weighing in on Sundays, and I know that since I'm not on a strict diet that some weeks the scale will drop, other times it will rise, and other times it will stay the same. As of yesterday morning (8-14-11) I weighed 164.6 lbs. Let the journy begin!
I'm going to end this post with a set of pictures showing some of my stages of weight loss. I don't have a good "now" picture, sorry! Enjoy and God bless! (Oh btw, thought you'd like to know that Chad just asked me if I wanted to go out to eat. haha)
Summer 2006 Pre-diet- 160 lbs
Summer 2007 after my first successful diet experience- 150 lbs
This makes me cringe. Fall 2009. 200 lbs
April 2010 about 153 lbs.





0 comments:

Post a Comment