Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, November 7, 2011

Better Late Than Never!

Happy Monday night everyone!
Okay, so I know that Monday nights aren't normally a time that everyone loves, especially me. I've just started back to work after the weekend, and it's only Monday night, so I realize that there's still four more work days until the next weekend. But, this week is only a four day week because we are out on Friday for Veterans Day! I love long weekends! Plus, Chad and I are road tripping to Gatlinburg, TN for the extra long weekend! I can't wait! I seriously need a vacay, no matter how short it may be! :)

But this post isn't for me to brag about my fun weekend ahead, I really wanted to do a little recap of my past weekend. I know it's late, but better late than never! :)

Saturday, Chad and me went to a friend's house to pick up some tickets to the UNA game that he was giving us (so nice!), and they were having a yard sale. So we thought we'd buy something since we got the tickets for free! After doing a little searching, I found something that I really thought I could use...
The slap chop! Now I don't have to cry while I chop onions.

Over the weekend, Chad and I also discovered a way to "spice up" our boring lunch sandwiches. We pulled out the ole' George Foreman and made hot turkey and swiss sandwiches for lunch, complete with one of Gaggy's homemade pickles! Very yummy :)

Saturday evening we went to the game to cheer on the lions! 

We left a little ways into the 3rd quarter because 
1. it was obvious we were going to win
2. we were starving!

So we headed to Olive Garden and feasted on soup and salad. So good!
Sunday started off like usual with church, and afterwards we went out for lunch with my mom and brothers. Then that afternoon, I went to sing at a special service for All Saints Day in a very old, but beautiful Episcopal church called St. Johns. It was a really nice service.

Sunday night we had a bonfire/hayride for our youth, and it was a blast! Chad and I both feel so blessed to have such a fun and very unique youth group. We love them! :)

On another note, I've had a lot on my mind lately about weight-loss and things related. So, be expecting a possibly emotional post on the subject. But for now, I'm getting off to go wait for Chad to come from a meeting so we can cuddle and talk! Too mushy?? lol ;)

Thanks for reading! God bless! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment