Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, November 11, 2011

Gatlinburg Day 1

Well, we made it!

After about 5 hours plus another hour of bumper-to-bumper traffic, we made it to the smokies!
Here's what greeted us at our Wyndham resort

On our way, we stopped at Wendy's for lunch, and I had a yummy bowl of chili!

I drove the rest of the way, which ended up being a terrible idea, because I get so stressed out in crazy traffic. And really, the traffic was CRAZY. It took us an hour to travel 10 miles! 
But once we were at our resort, everything got better. It's a really nice room with lots and lots of space! Here are some pics I took...
A great BIG bathroom! I love it!

There's also another room with two full beds and another bathroom, but we're not using it so I didn't take any pics. 

After we settled into the room, we had to go find some food because we were starving. We drove down the rode and stopped at one of the first places we saw, Fudruckers. Neither of us had ever been there before, so we didn't know what it was like. We were both surprised when we walked in and saw that it wasn't a normal "sit-down" restaurant. But, it looked and smelled awesome, so we stayed. 

Since I'm trying to stay healthy, I went with the garden burger, It was delish!

Chad had the 1/2 pounder with everything.

After dinner, we went to Walmart to pick up some things and then came back to the room. Now we're both enjoying our complementary hot chocolates and watching the new CSI: NY
I love being able to just relax and have absolutely nothing to do or worry about! This is how a vacation is supposed to be! (Even if it is just for 3 days)

On a side note: I wrote yesterday about my feelings on my weight and how I'm trying to just stay healthy and maintain my "true weight." Well, I decided to weigh myself this morning before we left (so that I'd know what kind of damage I'd done when we got home), and it turns out I've lost about three pounds! This put me around 145 lbs! I was SO excited to see that number! I know it may go up after this weekend, but I'm prepared to bring it back down! As of today though, I've stayed within my calorie range! I'm pretty proud since I'm on vacation and all :) Tomorrow I may not be so lucky.

We'll be hitting up downtown Gatlinburg tomorrow to shop and see the sights, and then hopefully I can convince Chad to take me to the Tanger Outlet! *fingers crossed*

I'll be returning tomorrow with a post on our 2nd day, so be on the look-out! Until then...

Thanks for reading! God bless! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment