Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Your "True Weight"

Happy Thursday!! 
But for me, it's like Friday! We're out of school tomorrow for Veterans Day, and Chad and I are going on a much needed mini vacation this weekend! We're leaving for Gatlinburg in the morning! 
I. Am. So. Pumped.

We haven't been on any kind of vacay/road trip/anything fun since our honeymoon back in May! We are soooo ready for this! I can't wait to take lots of pictures of the beautiful Tennessee scenery, especially this time of year!

But, that post will be coming in the future, so for now, I'm sticking to the past/present.

This week has been a really good week at work/school. Perhaps because I've been so excited about my trip?
 
Monday I taught all classes at the high school and middle school, and they all went really well.

Tuesday I went with my cooperating teacher to take some of our choir kids to audition for an all-state choir. It was long, but fun day!

Wednesday is was back at the elementary school teaching my kiddos all about music! And what do you know, after just one day, I lose my voice. But, I love them so it's allllll good! ;) 

And today was equally as good. We had some special visitors in my first class this morning. A reporter from the local paper came by to observe, take some pics, and interview some of us about our new music program at the elementary school We are all so excited to be given the opportunity to bring back the music program. And I am equally as excited to be given the opportunity to teach it! So after having a double first grade class complete with 3-4 visitors plus a reporter, I was pretty exhausted. And that was just my first class of the day! But all my classes today were great, so even though I was tired, the kids' energy kept me going! :)

So be on the lookout for an article about G.W. Trenholm's new music program in this paper. :)

So, I said in my last post that I've having some weight-loss troubles. Most of them are mental problems (not saying I'm crazy lol) and not physical, but I still thought I'd share.
For some reason, even though I weigh less than I ever have, I still feel like I need to lose weight. =/ I've been freaking out ever since I hit 146, because this scale just will not go any lower. And to top it all off, after having two really bad food days over the past two weeks which has caused me to gain 2 lbs. Though it may not seem like a lot to y'all, it feels like 20 lbs to me, and I don't know why? :( It's so frustrating. 
BUT, I had a good realization today. I heard about this diet called the Dukan Diet and went to the website to check it out. The first thing you do for this diet is calculate your "true weight." The "true weight" is supposed to be the realistic healthy weight that you can maintain. And after entering in all the required info, I was told that I was already at my "true weight," which is apparently 147 lbs. (Even though technically I'm 148 right now) So, this really helped me feel better about my weight-loss struggles! I'm going to try my best to maintain this "true weight," and if I lose any in the process, then good for me! :)

Well, I'm off to take dinner out of the oven and pack for a fun-filled weekend in the mountains!! 

Thanks for reading! God bless! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment