Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Catching Up

Morning!! It's pretty strange that I'm blogging early on a Tuesday morning, but I kept putting off my normal Sunday post... and then Monday just went by so fast! So happy Tuesday! :)

So I never got to share with y'all the treat I got to have Saturday night. Normally, I'm very strict to my healthy eating lifestyle and don't let myself have crazy treats, but Saturday night was the exception. I figured that just once wouldn't hurt me.... right? ;) So, it was finally time for me to try Sonic's new Pumpkin Pie Milkshake! And, Oh. My. Word. It was glorious! :) I ate every last bit of that thing!
So the next day was Sunday, and I told you guys about our youth's bonfire we were having. So here are some pics from that! It was a lot of fun, and we had a pretty good turn out! 
If you look down by the river, some of our youth are down there playing around. They look so tiny!

This was our fire BEFORE it got dark and BEFORE it reached "bonfire" status.

We all went hiking and found this really awesome cave, but the iPhone camera could not handle the awesomeness (not to mention the flash couldn't handle the darkness). So this is a pic from inside the cave looking out. The moon was beautiful that night!

Yesterday was a normal, average, everyday, blah Monday. (Why do Mondays even exist??) But I was able to find some time to enjoy an afternoon/evening cup of coffee outside before dinner. :)
So today (Tuesday) I am missing work/school for a doctors appointment I have with my endocrinologist in Birmingham, which is about 2 hours from here. For those who don't know, I have something called Graves Disease, which means that my thyroid gland is really overactive. Three years ago I had my thyroid gland radioactively destroyed (sounds horrific doesn't it??) with an iodine pill. No worries, I felt nothing! So now, I have zero thyroid hormone production in my body, which means I have to take a pill everyday to replace it. But, I haven't had my meds for the past six days which is a pretty big deal. I've had to schedule an appointment with my doc to get some more meds and to make sure everything is working properly. I'll update you guys on the news when we return this afternoon! It should all be fine though. :)

So until then.... Thanks for reading! (Especially so early in the morning!) God bless! :)

P.S. My mom just sent me this hilarious picture.
This is our terrible, awful, bad, adorable, sweet, beagle hound Buck. Aint he cute??? :)


Post a Comment