Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pumpkin Heaven!

Hello! Happy Fridayyyy! I hope you've had a wonderful Friday. Something about this day just makes me happy, no matter what I have going on that day. Today was another day of teaching. Fun fun :)

So, all week I've been finding recipes on websites and blogs for EVERYTHING pumpkin. I talked about my own version of the pumpkin spice latte that I made and LOVED. But, I never had the right ingredients to make a really good one... Well after seeing all of these yummy pumpkin recipes, I decided to try once again to find some pumpkin puree. I headed down to the Food Land in search of ingredients to make pumpkin cupcakes and pumpkin spice cream cheese frosting, and hallelujah, I found the pumpkin puree!! So I went ahead and got multiple cans so I don't have to make anymore trips. (And now, I have the ingredients for a GOOD pumpkin spice latte!) I came home and immediately began making these cupcakes. And, they are soooooo easy!
Start off with the following:

For the cupcake: Yellow Cake Mix, Pumpkin Puree, Pumpkin Pie Spice, and 1 cup water

For the frosting: Cream Cheese (I used fat free), Brown Sugar, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, Pumpkin Puree, and Pumpkin Pie Spice

The cupcake mixture was pretty gorgeous!

And the frosting looked.... not as pretty lol But look at my new mixer that Chad's mother gave me! :)

The cupcakes turned out amazing!

I actually forgot to take a pic of the ones I frosted before they were eaten. :( But, a word to the wise, they are better with out the frosting! I will not be frosting the rest of them!
WITH frosting they are about 121 calories and WITHOUT frosting they are only about 84 cals! So good!

After I whipped up these little beauties, Chad, me, and 4 of our good friends met up at our favorite Mexican place Casa Mexicana, (very popular in our town) where I had my usual chicken fajita skillet. (no tortilla, rice, beans, etc.) It was delish as usual.

So now we're all back at our hizzie chilling out on our deck. And it's a beautiful Friday night! I love getting to chat with friends. :)

Tomorrow, Chad and I are packing up a picnic lunch and heading down to a place called Cane Creak Canyon for a nice nature hike and lunch. I'm pretty excited :) I'll def. take lots of pics for a fun post later tomorrow night! So, until then, thanks for reading. God bless! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment