Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Thanks Mom and Dad!!

Hello all! Happy Wednesday! Hope you "humpday" has been spectacular! :)

Today was a great day, as usual! Teaching my little kiddos about music, church at good ole FUMC Tuscumbia, and coming up, the BIG BROTHER FINALE! I've been waiting like 10 weeks for this! And for all you BB fans, I can't believe I'm saying this but, GO RACHEL! :)
OH! And, I found the most amazingly delicious gum EVER. APPLE PIE! yummmmm!

So, earlier today I was talking to my mom. 
Here we are together at one of my wedding showers. Aint she cute? :)
We talked about a lot of different things, but mostly about how hard being a parent can be. After we talked, I began to think about all the things she and my dad did for me, to me, with me, etc. while I was growing up. And all I have to say is thank you God for giving me such AMAZING parents! :) 

I am so thankful for having parents who forced me to go to church even when I didn't want to, because now I know the importance of staying in church as an adult and how easy it can be to stray away from God. I'm thankful for having parents who wanted to trust but knew not to, because I know good and well that I lied to them as a teenager to try to get my way. Who knows what kinds of things I would have gotten into if they had let me do whatever I wanted? I'm thankful for having parents who DIDN'T give me everything I asked for, because now I understand that I can't have anything I want. Life just doesn't work that way. Finally, I'm thankful for parents who loved me so much, that they made themselves the "bad guys" in my eyes to protect me and teach valuable life lessons. I wouldn't be the person I am today with out them. Mom and Dad, if you're reading this, I hope you're proud of who you raised me to be, because I sure am proud to have parents like you guys. Love you! :) *Wipes away tears*

Here's one of my very favorite pictures of me and my parents. This is on senior night at my high school football game. It's a bad picture because it's a picture of a picture. lol But I still love it!

Here we are on my wedding day :)

This sums up how my Wednesday turned out to be. A realization of all the wonderful things my parents did for me. I hope you've have similar experiences with your own parents! 

Okay, Big Brother starts in 8 minutes so I'm going to run! Thanks for reading! God bless! :)

1 comments:

Krissy M said...

Great post, Grace! Everyone should be so blessed with parents like yours! I'm glad my parents were parents instead of friends to me while I was growing up. As a teacher, you see so many parents that just want to please their kids ALL the time and/or just GIVE them everything & have them believe life is just that easy...those kids are in for a rude awakening!

Post a Comment