Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Camps, Diets, and Teaching

Well, it's been like 10 days since my last post! I've just been super busy and haven't had much time to sit down and write. So here's what's been happening! 

Last week I started teaching my music classes, and I LOVE IT! It's so much fun, and I'm so excited about the rest of the semester! I was so tired after teaching though! I literally have never been so exhausted in my life. But it's definitely worth it! After teaching all week, the band Chad and I have played at a "5th Quarter" on Friday night after the high school football games. It went really well! Then Saturday morning Chad and I left with some of our youth to a camp called Sumatanga for a three day retreat....
The retreat was called "Alpha," and it was...... well, a little unorganized. But, the speaker was fantastic, so I think he made up for all the craziness. His name was Justin Lookadoo. (crazy name, I know!)
 He spoke about dating and relationships the entire weekend, and it was so beneficial for our youth. I'm glad they were able to go. Now, while on this retreat, I obviously can't eat all my healthy foods, but I tried as hard as I could to eat small portions and cut calories in any way possible. For example, on fried chicken night, I scraped off all the skin on the chicken, skipped the roll, and had plenty of green beans. Also, I skipped desert. Never really wanted it anyway. After successfully eating as healthy as I could all weekend, we finally got home about 2:30 on Monday, and I'd planned on eating a healthy dinner. Then Chad's mother called and invited us over for BBQ. lol So, we went over, and I (again) tried to eat as healthy as possible. Small portions, no bun, etc. And THEN... Chad's mom says she's made homemade peanut butter chocolate ice cream. If you don't know me, then I have to tell you that my two favorite things in the world are peanut butter and chocolate! ugh.... But, after she tells me that she made it with only 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/4 a cup of peanut butter, cocoa, and the rest splenda, I decided to have a small bit. And it was AMAZING. I was so glad I indulged just a bit for some ice cream.

Well this morning I was convinced that I was going to be up a pound or two, but to my surprise, I'd LOST 2 lbs since Saturday morning! So I think the last time I blogged I weighed 160.6 lbs, and now I'm down to 158! I'm pretty excited! Now I've really got to start exercising so I can keep on losing and get down to my goal weight! So as I'm sitting here blogging, watching The Office, and eating a chocolate rice cake w/ a little peanut butter (DELISH!), I'm mentally preparing myself for another week of elementary music! :) Chad goes back to Sumatanga this weekend from Thursday afternoon to Sunday night to work on my mom's Emmaus walk, so I'll more than likely be blogging a lot this weekend! 

Before I end, I have a quick question for anyone willing to answer. Chad and I have this coffee creamer that we LOVE. It's international delight almond joy creamer. But sadly, we can't find it anymore. :( So does anyone have any suggestions for a great tasting creamer??

Thanks for reading and God bless! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment